Hey all!! Welcome back! I have finally finally done this post, 20 days later than I anticipated. But I’m really excited to see all the things I accomplished last year blogging wise, and share with you my goals for this year.
This is probably going to be a long post, so let’s get started!!
- Posts and Comments: I wrote a total of 179 posts last year, with 105,632 words. 105,632 words guys. That number just seems so big and absurd. That’s around 590 words per post which isn’t too long, but it’s still a lot of words. I also had a total of 1,996 comments, which I’m guessing includes my replies and pingbacks.
- Followers: I gained 224 followers last year. 224!! Two hundred and twenty four. I can’t really believe it, that so many people actually liked my blog enough to follow. It means so much to me, and really, I never expected so many follows. I mean, my goal (that I set at the end of 2018) was to gain 40 more followers. 40. And I gained 224. Thank you so much to every single one of you for reading and following my tiny corner of the internet!! It means so much to know that you enjoy reading what I have to say!
- Views and Visitors: In 2019, I had a total of 8,746 views and 3,260 visitors. It was kind of a shock, because most of those views tbh, came towards the end of the year. In Aug 2019, I went from around 700 views to 1,000 in September. And it’s been increasing since then. October and November were around 1,100 views, and then December was around 1,400.
- May was my lowest month by far, because I took a month long hiatus. It was Ramadan, and I didn’t really feel like blogging and reading while fasting. But after I started Let’s Talk Bookish in August, my views went up by a lot, and Friday has become my most popular day for views. So, yeah. I’m super proud of this as well.
- Now for a breakdown of the types of posts that I wrote:
- 46 Reviews
- 37 WWW Wednesday Reading Updates
- 23 Discussions
- 16 Book Tags
- 5 Awards
- Those amount to 127 posts. So that means I had 52 other posts which were random, announcements, or Monthly wrap-ups. Overall, I think I still did pretty well.
2019 Goals Review:
- Write 200 posts ❌
- 100 should be book reviews ❌
- Read 100 books ❌
- Get 40 more followers ✔
- Focus more on quality, not quantity (lol) ❔
- Read more diverse books with either diverse characters, topics, or places ✔
- Be more creative with my posts ❌
Lol. Four definite nos, and only two definite checks. I was close for some of them though.
- Posts: I wrote 179 posts which is 21 short of 200. I didn’t even get close with the reviews.
- Books: I was 2 books short of 100, so I’m still happy about that.
- Followers: I got 224 more followers and I’m seriously very very proud of that.
- Quality vs Quantity: I really don’t know how to figure out if I did? I think, for the most part, it was more about quantity and keeping up with my posting schedule. But I did have a few quality posts that I loved writing.
- Diversity: Yes. For sure, my reading has become a lot more diverse. I read about so many diverse characters last year, and that has led to me learning about so many things that I didn’t even know existed. So yes. This is a very big yes.
- Creativity: Haha no. I don’t think I was really creative? Unless we’re talking about graphics/header images, then no, I don’t think I was very creative with my posts.
Most Popular Posts:
Honestly, I can think of only three posts that I’m super proud of or that I loved to write: my second ever discussion post, my review of Six of Crows, and my discussion about authors inspired by the uproar with Kathleen Hale.
2020 Goals: Bookish, Blogging, & Personal
- Read 110 books
- Take part in two reading challenges (and stick to it!!)
- Read at least 40 books with diverse main characters or topics
- Try to read more Adult thrillers and mysteries
- Get to 400 followers
- Get through my 27 backlogged reviews, and review at least 50% of the books I read this year
- Monthly views should be more than a thousand
- Catch up on my blog hopping and stay on track
- Get through my first year of dual enrollment (college + high school classes) successfully
- Continue making healthier versions of my favorite desserts
- Continue exercising at least 5 times a week
And that’s it!! I had a lot of great stats for 2019, even though I didn’t meet most of my goals. I also stopped the two reading challenges that I started last January, but this year, I will do my best to continue. Overall, I’m really proud of everything that I accomplished last year, and I’m looking forward to making 2020 even better.
What was 2019 like for you? Did you meet your goals for the year? What was your favorite post from last year? What are your goals for 2020? Chat with me in the comments below!
P.S. If you wrote a post on any of this, be sure to link it in the comments below so I can check it out!!