Good morning or afternoon or evening! Welcome to my To-Be-Read list for November 2019!
Last month, I had a TBR post, and I managed to read 13 books, which I’m super proud of. And so hopefully, maybe if I have a TBR for each month, I’ll be able to continue reading more, and catch up on my GR reading challenge. And maybe I’ll end up not reading anything at all, but I’m still pretty hopeful that this TBR will work.
Anyways, let’s get started!
In my last TBR post, I just dumped a bunch of books that I wanted to read, and their summaries together, but this time, I’m going to split them between the book that I’ve Already Read, Books that I’m going to Buddy Read, and Library Borrows/Holds. That should give this some semblance of order.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. (Read: Nov. 2) This was a really great book and the end shattered me. It was a little slow, but Liesel’s adventures, her friendship with Rudy, Mama and Papa, Max, book stealing, and all the mismatched characters on Himmel Street were amazing and that ending hurt. so. much.
- An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena. (Read: Nov. 4) A very good thriller that left me on the edge of my seat. I didn’t guess who the killer was at all, and the two twists at the end were really good.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. (Read: Nov. 10) It was really heartwarming, and I loved the characters, their struggles, the theme of finding where you belong, and the magic of the water horses. Finn is adorable and a real gem, and I loved Puck and Sean’s relationship, and how it didn’t overpower the plot or consume each of their lives. Their bonds with their horses was beautiful and that ending was so peaceful, and perfect, and I’m so happy that I read this. (I also have a recipe for November Cakes and I’m so excited!!)
Books to Buddy Read
- The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Buddy re-read sometime in November
I’m going to order these based on their due dates, the ones that I can renew, and the ones that I’ll be getting soon.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab. Due 11/23, E-book
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. Due 11/24, E-book
- Fire and Blood by George R. R. Martin. Due 11/24, E-book
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman. Due 11/27, E-book
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman. Renewable, Hardcover
- The Lines We Cross by Randa Abdel-Fattah. Renewable, Hardcover
- Hungry Hearts: 13 Tales of Food & Love (See all the authors here). Available soon, E-book
So all in all, I should probably read around 13 or 14 books this month which is a great number. What are you reading this November? Do you have a set TBR or are you a mood reader? Have you read any of the books above? If so, what did you think? Chat with me in the comments below!